Friday, May 13, 2011

To Pray for Shoes

If you know me at all, you know that "thrifty" could have been a perfect middle name for me.  I'm all about saving money any way possible.  So, I shop with coupons, and I'm the first in line at garage sales and know when even the Goodwill is having a sale. 

I have always loved to stretch my dollar, and then to discover how much I saved!  I have never been much of a spender, but in the past year, God has really taught me the importance of spending my money wisely.  Any money that God allows to come into this family is His.  He is entrusting me with it, to make wise decisions and to use it in a way that is pleasing to Him.  For me, I feel like one of those ways is to use coupons, and to buy toys, clothes, and books for our daughter at garage sales and thrift stores.  I still love the good deals, but it is even sweeter to me knowing that God is pleased when He sees our effort to spend our money wisely.

It seems like overnight, but Mackenzie's lil' feet hit a growth spurt, so we were in need of some new shoes for her.  So I began to pray that God would allow us to find some at a really good price.  I could honestly care less about the brand name, just wanted something to cover and support her feet : ) Last night, we went to Goodwill to look and we found 2 pairs of shoes! We were so excited about the Lord answering our prayer! We were also surprised to find a pair of "nike brand" shoes! We prayed for shoes and God gave us Nikes!?!?! So cool! God is always good and like Ephesians 3 says, "He is able to do far more than all we ask or imagine!"

No comments:

Post a Comment